Thanks to the Lenovo ThinkPad P1 strong performance and best graphics, it’s the top of the best laptops for fashion designers that you can choose.
Fashion design is not an easy profession, and if you’re looking for the best laptops for fashion designing. You will need something that is sleek, colorful, and high-quality for storing styles, articles, designs, and pictures; a laptop with a lot of RAM and a fast processor that can do the task effectively.
Style and design are important, and you must have many of them on your laptop because they are essential in the fashion industry and are features that you should prioritize in your purchase.
Fashion designers require a powerful and portable laptop with long battery life to run apps like Photoshop and Adobe Premiere while also working on the go.
Designer laptops are not cheap, as they combine powerful specifications with appealing looks in a thin and portable frame. Let’s take a look at some of the best fashion designer laptops, and make sure you read our buying guide with all the essential things below to understand what to look for when purchasing a laptop.
We assessed a few cheap $500 laptops with it, and none of them worked properly, and a few could not even run the fashion design software. As a result, we set an Intel i5 with a clock rate of 2.0GHz as the minimum CPU requirement in our recommended specifications. This list includes the best models, as the title suggests.
Key Features to Look For fashion designing laptops
Talented designers are always adamant about not allowing hardware limitations to influence their work and although, getting the best and most powerful laptop with great features is what any designer in the fashion industry desired to make their designing job easier while still retaining the professional look. Before going ahead to get the laptop, please consider the following specification before proceeding with your action.
Display size –
Having the largest display size is the best required, but it will reduce the laptop’s compactness and make it more difficult to maneuver around. Also, it would be ideal if you could strike a delicate balance between the size of the display and the hardware components required to run your applications.
A graphics card –
This is an integral component in any laptop designed for fashion designers or content creators, and when using software programs like Adobe Suite, CoralDraw, or other drawing apps, they cannot run on the laptop’s standard processing power, which is why a built-in or separate graphics card is needed for effective and efficient operation.
Number of ports –
As a fashion designer, you might be expected to use external components such as a drawing board, an external hard drive, a touch display, and so on. Since it is inconvenient to use many extension adapters, the number of ports on your laptop should be adequate to help your efficiency.
Stylish finish –
While a beautiful laptop is not as necessary as other factors, a fashion designer needs motivation, and a plain black laptop may not inspire you to be more creative. So, choose a colorful, elegant, and trendy laptop that will motivate you to complete more work. Get a laptop that can be used to improve and energize your creative mind when working.
Color accuracy –
The display should be capable of accurate colors so that the designs you make would look natural and are not skewed towards a specific color palette. Otherwise, it would seem strange on other screens.
Top 9 Best Laptops For Fashion Designers in November-2022 [Recommended]
Table of Contents
- Top 9 Best Laptops For Fashion Designers in November-2022 [Recommended]
- 01. Best versatile laptop: HP Spectre x360
- 02. Best performative laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad P1
- 03. Best all-rounder laptop: Acer Swift X
- 04. Best secured laptop: Apple MacBook Pro
- 05. Best functional laptop: HP 16
- 06. Best fastest laptop: ASUS ProArt StudioBook 16
- 07. Best gorgeous laptop: Microsoft surface
- 08. Best Value for Money: Acer Predator Triton 500 SE
- 09. Best 2in1 laptop: Acer Spin 5
- Best Laptops For Fashion Designers – Recommended Specs
- FAQs of Best Laptops For Fashion Designers in 2022
- Best Laptops For Fashion Designers in 2022 – Review
- Conclusion on Best Laptops For Fashion Designers
So, Pick a laptop from our expert’s choices to be the best Fashion Designer. Our best recommendations are listed below.
01. Best versatile laptop: HP Spectre x360
- BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED - You will receive a HP Factory sealed Brand New laptop with 1 YEAR HP (MANUFACTURER) PREMIUM WARRANTY. You can buy with...
- WITH EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE, BATTERY EFFICIENCY & A NEW AND STUNNING DESIGN, THE HP SPECTRE 14T OUTCLASSES THEM ALL: 11TH GENERATION QUAD CORE CPU:...
- ASTOUNDING VIDEO AND IMAGE QUALITY WITH A 13.5" WUXGA TOUCHSCREEN AND A 3:2 ASPECT RATIO FOR OPTIMUM PRODUCTIVITY: The HP Spectre 14T x360 delivers...
- PREMIUM AESTHETICS & SECURITY: Make a statement whenever you work with your HP Spectre 14T luxury touchscreen laptop. Adaptive color automatically...
If you need a portable laptop, the HP Spectre x360 should be your first choice. This is a very eye-catching model and the best laptop for any fashion designer because it comes in a variety of colors, and aside from its elegant design, it’s known as the industry’s smallest 13-inch laptop.
This laptop’s display will not disappoint you, as it offers an ultra Full HD resolution with an infinity edge touch screen, which makes it an excellent choice for those who enjoy sketching because it allows the fashion designer to focus on the minor details, and if you want to do heavy editing on the project, this is the best laptop for you.
The HP Spectre x360 is equipped with an advanced processor powered by the 11th generation Intel quad-core i7-1165G7, which contributes to a maximum speed of up to 4.7 GHz. This laptop is extremely useful for you when you are dealing with overload tasks or creating complex designs.
These laptops also include 16 GB DDR4 of RAM and a long-lasting battery that can last up to 10 hours. The HP Spectre x360 has a weight of 2.95 pounds, which makes it extremely portable. This Dell laptop is a work of art and an excellent option for designers to get.
02. Best performative laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad P1
- Processor: 12th Generation Intel Core i7-12700H Processor (E-cores up to 3.50 GHz P-cores up to 4.70 GHz)
- Display: 16" WUXGA (1920 x 1200), IPS, Anti-Glare, Non-Touch, 100%sRGB, 300 nits, 60Hz, LED Backlight
- Graphics: NVIDI.A RTX A2000 8GB GDDR6
- Memory: 32 GB DDR5-4800MHz (SODIMM) - (2 x 16 GB)
If you are a fashion designer searching for the best portable laptop, the Lenovo ThinkPad P1 should always be your first choice. This laptop is extremely useful for perfecting your sketching and creative skills when it comes to using various types of applications or design techniques.
This high-quality laptop will not fail you due to its high-quality resolution with the highest viewing angles of a 16-inch touchscreen display with backlit.
The screen also has an eye-protective feature that prevents your eye from straining with the help of the blue light display, so if you work for long hours, your eyes will not be stressed, and this is the reason many people prefer to purchase this fantastic laptop.
This incredible Lenovo laptop comes with a 12th Generation Intel Core i7-12700H CPU with a clock speed of 4.70 GHz, and NVIDIA RTX A2000 graphics, which allows it to run seamlessly while using powerful applications or design tools, and that is why the laptop is perfect for using applications such as Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
03. Best all-rounder laptop: Acer Swift X
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- Ultimate Performance. Uncompromised Battery Life: Speed up tasks with AMD Ryzen 7 5800U processor with Zen 3 Core Architecture, available for...
- RTX, It's On: The latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU (4GB GDDR6 VRAM) is powered by award-winning Ampere architecture with new Ray Tracing...
- A True Visual Representation: Create your best content on the 14" Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Widescreen LED-backlit 100% sRGB display with 300 nits...
As a fashion designer on a tight budget, you can consider the new and more efficient Acer Swift X. Despite being an under-$1000 laptop, the Swift X is a highly capable machine, better known for its graphics-centric processing consortium and several productivity-focused features.
And when it comes to performance, Acer opts for the AMD Ryzen 7 5800U CPU, which allows the unrestricted use of Adobe CC applications and 3D modeling resources. The quad-core, the graphics-optimized chipset has a turbo clock speed of up to 4.5GHz, which is sufficient for a variety of designs, animations, typography, logos, and many more.
The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Graphics card provides support for the mobile SoC, and it is approximately 20% faster than the MX150 GPU. It can manage multiple GPU-accelerated processes when it’s launched by Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and other applications. The 4GB GDDR6 VRAM, when combined with the GPU, is capable of handling texture-intensive designs and varieties of entry-level games.
The 16GB LPDDR4X RAM helps a lot in graphic design performance. The ultrafast chunk of the RAM empowers the mid-range CPU and allows it to process more complex designs at a faster rate. Files, designs, datasets, and applications are stored in the 512GB NVMe SSD unit. The solid-state drive is capable of booting up the Windows 10 operating system in a flash with a stunning visual interface.
Acer has a 14-inch screen, which is a significant creative resource thanks to Color Intelligence technology. Also, the 1080p screen has slimmer bezels, thanks to IPS technology, which allows for clearer viewing angles. The inclusion of Blue Light Shield technology has class-leading anti-glare features, which outperform the color-accurate screen.
In terms of device features and functions, the Acer Swift X has a nice backlit keyboard to help creators create content with ease. Furthermore, the True Harmony stereo speakers contribute to the acoustic output, and from a professional standpoint, this sleek 3.31-pound device includes an HD webcam, voice-purified sound systems, and a wide range of connectivity specifications.
Furthermore, it comes with a Type-C port, USB 3.1 Gen 1 slot with power-off charging support, Ethernet slot with Gig speeds, Bluetooth 5.0 standard, HDMI port for pairing external devices, and support for Intel-powered Wi-Fi 6 connectivity are all included by Acer. In terms of battery life, Acer manages to get close to 8 hours out of the device before the need to charge the laptop again.
Taking into account all of the aforementioned specifications, the Swift X is one of the most capable laptops for a mid-level fashion designing professional, especially given the graphics-optimized, and the low-power processor in use.
04. Best secured laptop: Apple MacBook Pro
- SUPERCHARGED BY M2 — The 13-inch MacBook Pro laptop is a portable powerhouse. Get more done faster with a next-generation 8-core CPU, 10-core GPU...
- UP TO 20 HOURS OF BATTERY LIFE — Go all day and into the night, thanks to the power-efficient performance of the Apple M2 chip.
- SUSTAINED PERFORMANCE — Thanks to its active cooling system, the 13-inch MacBook Pro can sustain pro levels of performance, so you can run CPU- and...
- BRILLIANT DISPLAY — The 13.3-inch Retina display features 500 nits of brightness and P3 wide colour for vibrant images and incredible detail.
If you want a laptop that has a very sleek and modern design, the Apple MacBook Pro should always be your first choice. The Apple MacBook Pro is a fashion icon among most fashion designers who value appearance and a high-quality processor that will allow them to do their work with less stress.
It has a classic Crystal sharp, dramatic, silver retina display with True Tone technological, and this beautiful laptop is eye-catching. It provides a complete HD resolution and includes a 13.3-inch LED-backlit Retina display, which attracts most fashion designers and content creators to enable them to design and create styles.
The Apple MacBook Pro has an efficient Touch Bar with a touch ID that reduces the hassle of searching for documents or apps, and one of the most important reasons to purchase the Apple MacBook Pro is its powerful processor. The Apple MacBook is equipped with an Apple M2 chip; an 8-core CPU, 10-core GPU with 4 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores; 16-core Neural Engine.
The Apple MacBook Pro offers sufficient storage for its users and allows users to store their data easily, and 8GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD for ultra-fast processing speed.
This laptop has many connectivity ports, which include three USB display ports, a thunderbolt USB 3.1 port, and so on. As a result, the Apple MacBook Pro is a great and useful laptop for fashion designers.
05. Best functional laptop: HP 16
- READY FOR PLAY – This Victus Gaming Laptop PC has all the specs you need for elevated gaming, such as NVIDIA graphics, a 12th generation Intel Core...
- TOMORROW’S GRAPHICS CARD – Take on the latest games using the power of NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU, featuring enhanced Ray Tracing and...
- JAW-DROPPING DISPLAY – Experience crisp, lag-free gameplay with an FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS, micro-edge 16.1-inch screen with a 144Hz refresh rate and...
- SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE – Multitasking is now easier than ever thanks to the 12th Generation Intel Core i7-12700H processor, capable of dynamically...
The new 2022 Hp 16 touchscreen laptop is one of the best laptops for designers working in the fashion industry, and it is powered by a fast 12th generation Core i7-12700H processor with a base frequency of 1.0 GHz that can be increased up to 4.7 GHz for increased performance.
The diagonal HD micro-edge W-LED backlit display on the HP 16 laptop includes a touchscreen option, and it includes a respectable GPU and a powerful processor with a built-in graphic card program.
When it comes to the display this laptop has a full HD 16.1-inch IPS panel with an anti-glare effect for better performance. Also, it has 16 GB of RAM and 512 GB of PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD bandwidth.
The operating system is pre-installed and reviewed for upgrades, and it runs Windows 11 OS Home 64-bit version and does not have an optical or DVD drive. Other networking options available include an HDMI port and one type-c USB 3 port for fast data transfers.
06. Best fastest laptop: ASUS ProArt StudioBook 16
- Aspect Ratio:16:10
- 16'' (2560*1500) 16:10 120Hz display; 100% Adobe RGB; Pantone validated color accuracy; 500 nits; Delta E <2
- AMD R7 5800H processor 3.2 GHz(16M Cache, up to 4.4GHz) with Windows 11 Home
- NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3060 with 6GB GDDR6 VRAM - RTX Studio Ready
The Asus ProArt StudioBook 16 is another great laptop for fashion designers. It comes with top-quality graphics and a 16-inch widescreen display, which allows you to see your work in the best light possible. And this is one of the reasons the majority of fashion designers use this incredible laptop for their work.
It has many high-quality features and an ideal display with sleek designs. Also, it has full HD display features and a pixel screen with a screen-to-body ratio of 95 percent, which allows you to work for long periods without getting tired.
This laptop has a very sleek design and weighs only 5.29 lbs, and it is the best travel laptop due to its durability and portability that make it easy for you to travel with it anytime.
ASUS ProArt StudioBook 16 has a superfast AMD R7 5800H processor that can reach speeds of up to 4.4 GHz and large storage of 1TB PCIe NVMe RAID0 SSD.
It is very fast and efficient when it comes to performance, and with the help of this processor, the user will be able to do their work without stress, whether it is fabric designs, complex designs, editing, or sketching. You will not have to worry about anything because it comes with lots of storage.
07. Best gorgeous laptop: Microsoft surface
- The most powerful Surface Laptop. Quad-core powered 11th Gen Intel Core H Series processors handle your most complex workloads.
- Design, animate, and render at top speed. Step up to the award-winning Ampere — NVIDIA's 2nd gen RTX architecture, enabling ray-traced graphics and...
- Boundary-pushing design with sleek 14.4“ (5) touchscreen makes seamless transitions from laptop to entertainment-ready stage to portable creative...
- Pair with Surface Slim Pen 2 for the best digital pen experience yet, featuring the feeling of pen on paper(7). Magnetically attach, store, and charge...
The Microsoft Surface is a versatile laptop that allows you to complete your tasks in the most productive manner possible.
This convertible notebook is a plus for you because it enables you to work comfortably; it is powered by an 11th generation Intel Core i7 processor clocked at 3 GHz. It has 32 GB of RAM and a hard disk storage space of 1TB SSD.
Surface laptop comes with a powerful graphics card that allows you to do your fashion design job to the best of your ability with the laptop and it is very lightweight, rugged, and has a high level of productivity.
If you are a designer in the making, this laptop will be a great tool for you because it allows you to work in four different moods based on your preferences. You may use this as a tablet, a laptop, or in your hands as a smartphone.
It has the best viewing angles and a full HD camera on a 14.4-inch screen. It is transparent enough to enable you to see all of your small and large job data.
This Surface laptop has a long-lasting battery that can last you for a day.
08. Best Value for Money: Acer Predator Triton 500 SE
- Aspect Ratio:16:10
- Extreme Performance: Compete or create with impressive power and speed of the 12th Generation Intel Core i9-12900H processor, featuring 14 cores and...
- RTX, It's On: The latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti (16GB dedicated GDDR6 VRAM) is powered by award-winning Ampere architecture with NVIDIA Advanced...
- Blazing-Fast Display: This 16" WQXGA (2560 x 1600) DCI-P3 100% IPS LED-backlit NVIDIA G-SYNC display featuring 16:10 aspect ratio, an incredibly fast...
When it comes to the laptop with the highest quality for fashion design, the Acer Predator Triton 500 SE should be your first pick, and if you are on a tight budget, Acer has created the most unique and high-quality laptop for multitasking and particularly for artistic design and sketching, and it is very affordable.
This awesome laptop is one of the most reasonably priced laptops available today, and when shopping for a high-quality laptop, it can be hard to find one that suits your budget exactly. As a result, if you need a laptop with both consistency and affordability, the Acer Predator Triton 500 SE should be your first choice to consider purchasing.
It has an 12th Generation Intel Core i9-12900H CPU that makes it the perfect laptop for high-tech tasks and an HD display of 16-inch, which makes it easy for the users to complete their tasks without difficulty.
The Acer Predator Triton 500 SE has a large storage capacity of up to 1TB PCIe Gen 4×4 SSD, which allows you to store an infinite amount of data and large files. The 32GB LPDDR5 RAM allows the device to run more smoothly, and if you have to work for long hours, the Acer Predator Triton 500 SE is the right choice for you.
Aside from that, this great laptop has 7-hour battery life. Though the battery life is not the longest, it is adequate to help you perform your job excellently. This laptop is primarily built for artists and people in technical fields, such as computer gamers.
09. Best 2in1 laptop: Acer Spin 5
- A True Intel Evo Experience: Built on the Intel Evo platform for high standards in performance and battery life. Featuring the latest 12th Gen Intel...
- A True Visual Representation: See your innovation in glorious detail on the sharp, 16:10 2560 x 1600 touchscreen display with low-blue-light TÜV...
- Precision Stylus: The Acer Active Stylus with Wacom AES 2.0 delivers engineered precision with 4,096 pressure levels, perfect for note-taking and...
- Keep Your Cool: The TwinAir system is designed with Vortex Flow architecture which increases system performance by up to 75%. Dual D6 copper heat...
This is laptop is a dependable and convertible laptop for fashion designers and since designers must work on events, Acer Spin 5 convertible feature will allow you to do what your clients need while attending fashion events. It is lightweight enough for you to carry around anywhere.
The Spin 5 has a 14-inch IPS touchscreen, a 2-in-1 convertible mode, Multi-Touch support, and an active stylus, making it an excellent option for designers.
When it comes to the processing speed, the 12th Gen Intel Core i7-1260P Processor clocked a speed of up to 4.5 GHz is excellent. The 16GB LPDDR5 of memory and 1TB PCIe Gen4 of NVMe SSD storage.
Compact AC adapters come with a variety of connectors and ports. The Thunderbolt 3 port for the quickest data transfer, an HDMI video output, and a USB 3.2 Type-A port provide designers with more networking options.
The MicroSD card slot will help your photographers share photographs that are more relevant to fashion designers. The speaker has an average sound quality but does not have a bass.
So overall Acer Spin 5 is a better laptop.
Best Laptops For Fashion Designers – Recommended Specs
|Processor||12th Gen Intel Core i7-11800H|
AMD Ryzen 7 5800U
|Graphics||Intel Iris / NVIDIA GeForce|
|Memory||16GB DDR4 Memory|
|Display||15.6″Full HD (1920 x 1080)|
|Weight||Under 6 lbs.|
|Battery||Up to 5 Hours|
|OS||Windows 10 Home 64-bit|
FAQs of Best Laptops For Fashion Designers in 2022
How essential is the display on a designer’s laptop?
The display is the main piece of equipment where you can see all of your designs. Check to see if it has a blue tint or any other color problems. Displays with Adobe RGB certification or sRGB color accuracy are usually the best choices for fashion designers.
Is it possible for me to get a laptop with a touchscreen?
There are dedicated brands that produce touchscreen boards that come with a stylus for professionals who need a drawing board. They are conveniently connected to your laptop’s USB port. A touchscreen laptop does not have the best hardware components unless you purchase an expensive model, but purchasing them separately is more cost-effective.
What is the perfect overall laptop for fashion designers?
The Apple MacBook Pro is an excellent overall choice due to its processor speed. The laptops build quality and unique software programs that are available for ios and Macintosh computers only. Though it is costly and most laptops designed for professionals would be in a similar price range due to the internal components and features.
Can you recommend a minimum resolution for me?
In this digital age, where 4K and 8K are trending, a Full HD of 192 x 1080 resolution is strongly recommended for you. Any laptop display resolution lower than 1080p is not advisable for a designer to purchase since you will be providing high-quality content for your clients or your learning process.
Is the capacity of portable laptops sufficient?
Among so many other branded laptops, the Microsoft Surface Pro and Lenovo Ideapad seem to be the most common choices. They are hybrid models in which all the keyboards can be attached or detached to allow you to use the touchscreen anywhere you go. They are strong and worth the price, but for maximum productivity, you should consider connecting them with a desktop computer.
Best Laptops For Fashion Designers in 2022 – Review
Conclusion on Best Laptops For Fashion Designers
According to experts, fashion designing is not a difficult task, and it is a profession that can be pursued professionally, as far as there is a great laptop with a powerful processor to make the task fast and work function well.
However, depending on your interests, your pocket, and additional skill sets, you can always get the best notebook that will be effective to do your entire task efficiently by carefully analyzing the mentioned devices above.
• HP Spectre x360 is the best choice to consider if you want an all-around notebook that can also serve as a casual gaming machine.
• If you believe the 16GB RAM would be insufficient for your multitasking needs, the Acer Swift X is a better option.
• If you’re still looking for good gaming results without going overboard with the GPU, the Lenovo ThinkPad P1 Thin is a good option.
• If screen size isn’t a problem, ASUS ProArt StudioBook 16 is one of the more attractive devices for talented graphic & fashion designers.
• If you’re searching for the best computer for working remotely, you should consider getting the HP 16.
Our goal with this article is to ensure that you have the best fashion designing experience possible. Which device are you considering buying?
Please feel free to contact us if you think another computer should be added to this list; our editorial team moderates and updates the guides regularly.