To ensure you purchase a laptop bag that is the correct size, you will need to measure your laptop. Start by measuring the length of your laptop. Place the end of the tape measure at the front corner of the laptop and stretch it to the back corner.
Make a note of this measurement. Next, measure the width of your laptop. Place the end of the tape measure at the top edge of your laptop and stretch it to bottom edge. Again, make a note of this measurement. Finally, measure how thick or deep your laptop is by placing one end of the tape measure at its thinnest point (usually near where hinges are located) and stretching it out to its thickest point (usually along bottom edge).
- Decide on the size of the bag you need
- Measure the length, width, and depth of your laptop
- Find a bag that is slightly larger than your measurements
- Test the fit by putting your laptop in the bag and carrying it around for a bit
How to measure your laptop: find the right bag or case
Table of Contents
- How to measure your laptop: find the right bag or case
- Will a 17 Inch Laptop Fit in a 15 Inch Bag
- How to Know Screen Size of Laptop Without Measuring
- Laptop Bag Finder
- How to Measure Laptop Size
- Will a 15 Inch Laptop Fit a 15.6 Case?
- How Do I Tell What Size My Laptop Is?
- Which Size Bag is Good for Laptop?
- Will a 17.3 Inch Laptop Fit in a 17 Inch Bag?
Related: How to Delete Downloads on Hp?
Will a 17 Inch Laptop Fit in a 15 Inch Bag
A 17 inch laptop is too big to fit in a 15 inch bag. The best way to transport a 17 inch laptop is in a dedicated laptop case or backpack that has been designed to hold a larger device.
If you must carry your 17 inch laptop in a smaller bag, be sure to pack it securely with plenty of padding to protect it from bumps and jostling.
How to Know Screen Size of Laptop Without Measuring
When you’re in the market for a new laptop, one of the most important specs to consider is screen size. But how do you know what size screen you need without actually measuring it? Here are a few things to keep in mind when determining your ideal screen size:
- Resolution: The higher the resolution, the more content will fit on your screen. If you have a lot of tabs open or work with large documents, a higher resolution can be helpful. Conversely, if you prefer larger text and icons, a lower resolution may be better for you.
- Aspect ratio: The aspect ratio is the width of your screen divided by its height. Most laptops have an aspect ratio of 16:9, but some newer models are moving to 3:2 or even 4:3. If you watch a lot of movies or play games, 16:9 is probably the best option. But if you do a lot of photo or video editing, 3:2 or 4:3 might be better since those ratios match common image and video resolutions.
- Size vs portability: Larger screens are great for productivity and multitasking, but they come at the expense of portability. If you need a laptop that’s easy to carry around, go for something with a smaller screen. Conversely, if desk space is more important to you than mobility, choose a larger screen size.
Laptop Bag Finder
Laptop bags come in all shapes and sizes, but finding the right one for you can be a challenge. There are so many factors to consider, from the size of your laptop to the type of material you prefer. And then there’s the price tag do you want to splurge on a designer bag or go for a more affordable option?
To help you narrow down your search, we’ve put together a list of the best laptop bags on the market. Whether you’re looking for something stylish or functional (or both!), we’ve got you covered. So, what are you waiting for?
Start browsing and find the perfect laptop bag for your needs!
How to Measure Laptop Size
When it comes to laptops, size does matter. But how do you measure a laptop’s size? Here are a few things to keep in mind when measuring your laptop:
- Width: Measuring the width of a laptop is simple
- just use a tape measure or ruler to find the distance between the two widest points on the laptop (usually the left and right edges).
- Height: To measure the height of a laptop, you’ll need to open it up and prop it up so that its screen is perpendicular to you. Then, use a tape measure or ruler to find the distance from the top of the screen to the bottom of the keyboard (or base).
- Depth: The depth of a laptop is tricky to measure because it’s not always uniform throughout. The easiest way to get an accurate measurement is to use a tape measure or ruler to find the distance from front edge of the laptop (where the screen meets the keyboard) to back edge of the base.
Keep in mind that this measurement will be different if you have a 2-in-1 convertible laptop with rotating hinges. Now that you know how to measure your laptop, you can start shopping for one that’s just your size!
The following are the responses to some frequently asked questions concerning the “How to Measure a Laptop for a Bag?” topic:
Will a 15 Inch Laptop Fit a 15.6 Case?
If you’re looking for a laptop case that will fit a 15 inch laptop, you may be wondering if a 15.6 case will do the trick. The answer is yes and no. A 15.6 case will technically fit a 15 inch laptop, but it may be a tight fit and the case may not offer much protection.
If you have a 15 inch laptop, we recommend getting a case that’s specifically designed for it.
How Do I Tell What Size My Laptop Is?
If you’re looking to buy a new laptop, you might be wondering what size is best for you. Here’s a quick guide to help you choose the right size laptop for your needs.
The first thing to consider is how you’ll be using your laptop. If you need a portable computer that you can take with you on the go, then a smaller screen size might be best. But if you’re looking for a desktop replacement that will stay at home most of the time, then a larger screen might be better. Here’s a quick breakdown of common laptop screen sizes:
- 11-12 inches: These ultraportable laptops are great for traveling light. They’re small and lightweight, but can sometimes have small keyboards and screens.
- 13-14 inches: This is the most popular size for laptops. They’re large enough to do serious work on, but still portable enough to take with you on the go. If you want a balance of portability and power, this is the size for you.
- 15-16 inches: These larger laptops are great for multimedia or gaming. They have more powerful processors and graphics cards, as well as bigger screens. However, they can be bulky and heavy to carry around all the time.
Which Size Bag is Good for Laptop?
A laptop bag is one of the most important investments you can make as a mobile professional. Not only does it protect your computer from the elements and accidental damage, but it also makes it easy to transport your laptop from one place to another. But with so many different sizes and styles of laptop bags on the market, how do you know which one is right for you?
- The first step is to measure your laptop. Most laptops are between 13 and 17 inches in size, so you’ll need a bag that can accommodate that range. You’ll also want to make sure that the bag has enough padding to protect your computer from bumps and drops.
- Next, consider what type of materials you want your bag to be made from. Leather is a classic choice that looks professional and feels durable, but it can be heavy and expensive. Nylon is lighter and cheaper, but it doesn’t always look as polished. canvas is somewhere in between, offering a happy medium in terms of weight and price.
- Finally, think about how you want to carry your laptop bag. Some people prefer a shoulder strap, while others find a backpack style more comfortable. If you’re going to be carrying your bag for long periods of time, choose something with padded straps or even wheels for easy transport.
Will a 17.3 Inch Laptop Fit in a 17 Inch Bag?
Most 17 inch laptops will fit in a 17 inch bag, but there may be some variances depending on the specific make and model of both the laptop and the bag. To be sure, it is always best to measure both the laptop and the bag to get an accurate idea of whether or not they will be a good fit.
Generally speaking, though, most 17 inch laptops will fit nicely into a 17 inch bag.
When looking for a new laptop bag, it’s important to measure your laptop first. You’ll want to know the dimensions of your screen and keyboard, as well as the thickness of your device. With these measurements in hand, you can more easily find a bag that will be a perfect fit.
- To measure your laptop, start by opening it up and extending the screen all the way. Then, use a tape measure or ruler to record the width and height of the screen.
- Next, close the laptop and measure its thickness.
- Finally, open up the laptop again and measure the length and width of the keyboard.
Keep these numbers in mind when shopping for bags so you can find one that’s just right for your needs.
We hope that you found this article “How to Measure a Laptop for a Bag?” helpful and informative, and if you did, then be sure to share it with your friends and fellow learners. Also, if you have any questions or queries, feel free to reach out to us in the comments section below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you for reading!